***HALF MARATHON ROUTE***
The half marathon route starts at the scenic Melton Lake Peninsula. Enjoy 13.1 miles of mostly flat terrain. Course runs by the beautiful Melton Lake then down by an operational quarry for a change of scenery. Continue along a serene tree-lined private road then wind through Oak Ridge. Finish your race right back at peninsula. Course is USATF certified with certification #TN15066MS.
All half marathon participants receive:
- A Race-Logo Dri-Fit Long Sleeve Tech Shirt (while supplies last).
- Please be aware that as long as the size option is available on the registration page then the size is still available. We will do our best to give everyone a shirt in the size they desire.
- Unique Finishers Medal - All who complete race are guaranteed a medal!
- All half marathon participants start at 9:00AM.
- Walkers are welcome but must start at the back of the pack
The time limit for the half marathon is 4 hours. Once streets are re-opened and course support is shut down, any remaining runners/walkers can continue at own risk.
Hydration/Aid Stations and Bathrooms
- Hydration/Aid stations available approximately every 2 miles on half marathon course
- Nice public restrooms located at start/finish with porta-johns located along the course at approx mile 2,4,6,and 8.
Half marathon Awards*
- Male and Female Overall Winner - Receive custom acrylic award
- Male and Female Masters (40-49) Winner - Receive custom acrylic award
- Male and Female Grandmasters (50-59) Winner - Receive custom acrylic award
- Male and Female Senior Grandmasters (60+) Winner - Receive custom acrylic award
- Male and female top three finishers in the following age groups: 12-15, 16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65 and older - special award
- No duplicate awards.
- Awards presented within 30 minutes of last eligible winner crossing finish line.
* Based on chip time
Start on Melton Lake Peninsula heading north; Left toward Melton Lake Dr.; Left onto Melton Lake Dr. heading south; Right onto Union Valley Rd; Right onto Illinois Ave; Right onto Lafayette; Right onto Emory Valley Rd; Right onto Briarcliff Ave.; Left onto S. Columbia Ave; Left onto Emory Valley Rd; Right onto Briarcliff Ave.; Right onto Laboratory Rd; Right onto Oak Ridge Turnpike; Right onto Fairbanks Rd; Left onto Coal Yard Rd; Merge onto Warehouse Rd; Right onto Melton Lake Dr. and merge over onto greenway; Left back into peninsula parking lot to 'finish'.