***fun 5K race ROUTE!!***
Certified 5K course! The 5K race route starts and finishes at the Melton Lake Peninsula. The course follows the water's edge along the Melton Lake walking trail to Elza Gate then double back to the peninsula. A very scenic and easy 5K run. Course certification code: TN15077MS.
All 5K participants receive:
- A Race-Logo Dri-Fit Long Sleeve Tech Shirt (See shirt photo above....while supplies last).
- All 5K participants start at 9:15AM
- Walkers are welcome but must start at the back of the pack
The time limit for the 5K is 2.5 hours. Once streets are re-opened and course support is shut down, any remaining runners/walkers can continue at own risk.
HYDRATION/AID STATION AND BATHROOM
- Hydration/Aid station available approximately at half-way point along course.
- Nice public restrooms located at start/finish with one porta-john located at half-way point.
- Male and Female Overall Winner - Receive Award
- Male and Female Masters (40-49) Winner - Receive Award
- Male and Female Grandmasters (50-59) Winner - Receive Award
- Male and Female Senior Grandmasters (60+) Winner - Receive Award
- Male and female top three finishers in the following age groups: 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65 and older - Receive Award
- No duplicate awards.
- Awards presented half hour after last eligible winner crosses finish line.
* Based on chip timing.